Entertainment

William and Kate ‘ban BBC from showing Christmas concert over documentary row’


Prince William and Kate Middleton have reportedly banned the BBC from showing their Christmas carol concert after a royal documentary row, according to sources.

The charity concert will instead by screened on ITV with the Duchess of Cambridge herself hosting it.

According to The Sun, William will be watching proudly from the audience and there is even a chance that their children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis will attend.

The move comes after the BBC aired the first of two parts of The Princes and the Press on Monday.

The Amol Rajan documentary has apparently left the royals raging after it claimed that William briefed against Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.



Prince William and Kate Middleton ban BBC from carol concert over Royal documentary row
Kate is expected to host the televised Christmas carol concert

William missed the first part as he was at London’s South Bank presenting the environmental Tusk Awards on Monday evening.

Speaking to The Sun, a TV source claimed it as a “real coup for ITV”, with the royals having never presented a televised concert before.

The broadcaster was said to be “very surprised but delighted” with the late change.

The source said: “It was all arranged to be on BBC1 but it was switched in the last few days because of the terrible row over the documentary.



Prince William and Kate Middleton ban BBC from carol concert over Royal documentary row
Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace and Clarence House issued a joint statement after the first episode

“And things are likely to get a lot worse between the Royal Family and the BBC before they get better as the second part of the documentary threatens to go further.”

The Royal Family had already threatened BBC with a potential Ofcom complaint before Monday’s episode aired.

A joint statement from the Queen, Prince Charles and Camilla, and William and Kate issued afterwards slammed “overblown and unfounded claims” by contributors or sources in the press.



Prince William and Kate Middleton ban BBC from carol concert over Royal documentary row
William missed the documentary as he was out on Monday night at an awards show

It read: “A free, responsible and open Press is of vital importance to healthy democracy.

“However, too often overblown and unfounded claims from unknown sources are presented as facts and it is disappointing when anyone, including the BBC, gives them credibility.”

The Daily Star has contacted Buckingham Palace and the BBC for comment.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

close